Thursday, April 8, 2010

schooled

Rising panic.

I only have three weeks left of my entire school life. Four to five weeks left of my job.

My job that I have grown to love. I love absolute freedom and writing all day. For the first time in my life I can come and go as I please, no questions asked. I can check my phone whenever I hear a little buzz coming from the corner of my desk and I can get ready in the morning without fear of clocking in five minutes late.

I will miss getting assignments, picking up tickets at will-call, scribbling notes in dim light and rushing frantically back to the office to typetypetype with one eye on the clock.

I will miss my parking pass and my little name badge that grants me access into the newsroom. I will miss driving around the valley interviewing people with fascinating (and not so fascinating) stories.

I will miss staring out the fifth floor window all day at the old Tribune building and wondering what it would be like to work in a time when my preferred profession was not laughable.

I would like to take a month of and travel all over in my car, but the catch-22 of it all is that that takes money. Money you get from a job. That will not let you take a month off to travel. What to do?

In other news, Deven and I made a married person blog documenting our room mate romance. There is a poll. It will be fun.

http://www.thefinhood.blogspot.com

No comments: