Monday, January 10, 2011

Goal #1- Blog sometimes, maybe.

Part of my goal list for 2011 is to try things on a week-to-week basis. That way I don't really have to commit and still feel like I'm accomplishing things. This week has been declared vegetarian week. I don't really eat much meat any way, but I figured this would be a good way to avoid cheeseburgers and Café Rio for a minute.


Other one-week goals:

Exercise every day for a week.

Bike everywhere except work for a week.

No television for a week.

I feel like I deserve some credit for trying to be realistic here. There is no way I will keep that promise to myself to bike everywhere during summer. It's hot, I hate wearing bike appropriate clothes and taking my bike on Trax makes me look ridiculous because I don't have very good balance and trying to juggle a bike while standing up on a moving vehicle is like a comedy routine.

But a week of bike riding is totally plausible. I have all I need within a five block radius: the grocery store, library internet and Dave's cable. See? Weekly goals are awesome and make me feel good about myself with minimal effort.

Other goals:

Make my bed more comfortable.

Take a fancy class.

Go on a trip out of this state.

Finish a book.

It's all about not over-exerting yourself, friends.

UPDATED: I guess this is not vegetarian week because I just ate a chicken quesadilla. I don't regret it, it was amazing.

No comments: