Thursday, March 3, 2011

Doing Stuff, Learning Things

In case you haven't heard, I have hobbies a hobby. No big deal*. Just thought I would photo document it in case it seems like all I ever do is watch TV and read other people's blogs. So come with me, let's explore the world of bookbinding.

folding and poking

sewing and knotting

 pressing and gluing


cutting and binding

 paper choosing and measuring

more gluing and waiting

The finished product-- linen paper, bound with leather and a vintage map of Paris.

* It is a VERY big deal. Bookbinding class entails interacting with strangers in an unfamiliar environment and cutting things with an Exacto knife. Two fears conquered right there. 



6 comments:

meg said...

Holy crap! You're legit and I'm jealous.

Erica Smith said...

Ooo!!!! Its pretty!!!

Kari said...

Fun! And looks great.

Hannah said...

I love this more than you could possibly know. The book is awesome, yes, but the narration is what amazes me. Partly because I can hear your voice in my mind. And I can see you awkwardly in Book Binding Class alone...talking to strangers, like the man who wears a kilt/skirt. Perfectly fantastic. I need a hobby.

Unknown said...

you are an artist!

holli h. said...

Who taught you this?? I want to learn so bad! Beautiful work!